Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A special gift

So yesterday I finished a scarf for my husband.

This isn't just any scarf! No its a lovely scarf made from natural fibers that I got last year on our special alone trip to Fort Bragg California.

I loved working with this fiber and it felt so luxurious to be working with natural fibers. I happen to be one of the rare few who are allergic to wool, or the things it is treated with. I have yet to be able to determine that exactly. I do have a reaction to whatever wool I touch, but I can pet a sheep with no reaction what-so-ever. So the question remains is it the wool or is it whatever people do to treat the wool?

Now my real problem is WHEN to give it to him. I had intended to have it finished before last winter but an injury to my hand didn't allow me to crochet at all for about 7 months and even now I can not do so for very long without severe pain. So I got this together and did it all over several days while he was at work. He is the easiest person for me to make things for now that he is working again. Trying to make things for my kids is rather difficult since they are all home all the time.  His birthday is already passed, as is our Anniversary. I don't want to wait until Christmas because I want him to be able to wear it when it gets cold at work.

I will take pictures of this lovely scarf and then post them to this blog. I can't take them now because hubby is still home and I don't want him to see the scarf yet. The pattern is completely my own. I created the pattern last fall and then replicated it for this scarf.

I am so excited with how it turned out and I want it to be a special gift but soon. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it!! I think you should give it to him as a surprise on the first cold day. What d'ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea.

    I also contemplated trying to get a weekend getaway together but I am just not sure if that can happen financially just yet.

    Going to go edit the pics now and add them to the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete