Saturday, February 19, 2011

Interview with Katrina

I have been blessed to know Katrina for many years now. We met on Myspace about 4 years ago, maybe even 5! I was then searching how to deal with my own abilities. I met Katrina and instantly felt a connection. She is a kind woman with so much knowledge to share.

Katrina is an author who has written a few books, and has plans for more. I asked my friend if she would do an interview with me and she kindly said she would. I know many young people who are interested in the art of writing and even in getting published. So hopefully this interview might help them.

Crystal: When did you first decide you wanted to be an Author? 

Katrina: When I was a child I would write stories. I also loved to read.

Crystal: How long did it take to publish your first book after you had completed it?

Katrina: The first book I wrote was Ancient Echoes, I worked on that one off and on for over 3 years, but could not get a publisher that liked it. 

My Beginners Guide to Psychic Development was accepted the day after I submitted it. I sent it off to 3 publishers. The first one said they didn’t take text books, the second wanted a month to read it and the third offered me a contract.

Crystal: What made you want to write Beginner's Guide To Psychic Development?

Katrina: After the rejections of my first book I really wanted an acceptance, so I thought I would write something I knew and perhaps others could use the information.
I wrote The Beginners Guide to Psychic Development in three months. It is essentially my beginning class that I have taught for over 30 years. 


Crystal: Do you have another Psychic guide in the works?

Katrina: I have been working on another one off and on, it is called Sacred Fire of Twin-flames, I will get it done one day.

Crystal: What are some of your favorite things to write about?

Katrina: I write whatever comes into my head. At the moment I am writing a detective book. It was a dream that continued for a week. The entire story is in my head, the hard part is getting it written.

Crystal: If someone wanted to become a published author what would your suggestions be to them? 

Katrina: Write what you love or what you know. I would suggest in this day and age to try their hand at self publishing. My first book was published by a publisher and I make next to nothing on the sales, my second book I went with self publishing and I make so much more. Of course you have to do your own PR no matter which way you go.

Remember to write out of love, because no-one gets rich from writing books, unless you are Stephen King or write Harry Potter.




I would like to thank Katrina for taking the time to answer my questions.

If you would like to read Katrina's books you can find "Beginner's guide to Psychic Developement" at the link. This book is a guide to develop your own abilities. It is written in an easy to understand way for anyone looking to grow in their own abilities.

Katrina's other book "Ancient Echoes" can be found here. Ancient Echoes is a paranormal romance fantasy book. There is some sexual content as well as violence. The book has great detail and draws you in. You can read an excerpt of the book at the link I posted.



I would also like to say that in the very near future I will be doing a free give away for a copy of one of these books so please stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment