Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I love Soup!

I am completely obsessed with new soups! I love soup.

I found a recipe for a blackberry soup that I think sounds delightful on a warm summer day.

However I only like soup on chilly days. It might be a psychological thing or it might be that I only like soup on cold days because I want to be warmed from the inside out.

I found a recipe for a Tuscan soup that I am now in love with. Of course I did not follow the recipe exactly because I never ever do. I like to take a recipe and make it my own.

Here is MY recipe for Tuscan soup

1 lb herb chicken sausage
1 large onion
3 medium carrots
6-8 potatoes
4 cloves of garlic
2 lbs fresh spinach
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups veggie broth
3 tbsp Italian season
1 can evaporated milk

finely dice onion and saute. slice carrots in half length wise and then in half again so that when you slice it you have little wedges. I add these and saute them with the onions until they are a little soft. add garlic potatoes italian seasoning and broth. cook until potatoes are tender. Add in the evaporated milk and the spinach allow it to cook until the spinach is tender.

Everyone loved this soup.

Crystal's Tuscan Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment