Thursday, May 19, 2011

Special people

Once in a while you come in contact with someone who is so special they touch your heart and help change your life in ways you never could have imagined.

It happened when I met my husband. He was so special in my life that I decided to marry him and stay with him for the rest of my life.

I have met people through many different avenues and from many walks of life. Some where rich, some were poor. Some are Pagans, some are Christians, even a few are Atheists.

I cherish each  friend and the time we get to be together. Even if its simply moments a week. I have met so many friends through social media and we have stayed in touch for so many years I vaguely remember a time when we were not in each others lives. I believe that people come into our lives for a reason. I also believe that those reasons are not always clear to us.

One such friend who I met about 6 years ago through Myspace (that antiquated social network that nobody uses any longer) has become one of my dearest friends. She is the one who invited me to move to Virginia and has helped us get settled here. She is the one that I am willingly working so hard for up at the cabin. I am so glad that a chance meeting on a social network 6 years ago has resulted in this new life of mine. I feel like Alice only I didn't fall into some strange wonderland, I fell into a beautiful new life. One I have dreamed of for many years now.

I have always felt that my friend and I would one day meet and we tried several times to think of a way to help facilitate it. I never dreamed I would get to be lucky enough to be her neighbor! I am truly blessed in this life. I only hope that I give back as much as has been given to me.

Remember to cherish your friendships, no matter what form they are in because they do blossom into beautiful flowers that enrich your life.

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing that you two are now living close together. 20 years ago (before computers) you probably never would have met. Or maybe you were always meant to meet and Myspace just helped you get there faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain that Myspace only helped facilitate it. I know that we both tried hard for years to figure out a way that we could even just meet in the middle. Now we don't have to meet in the middle because we get to live next to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing friendship! Life is truly amazing... I am always amazed when I think of all the friends I have all over the world. I can say that I know someone in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and all over the US. So very cool!

    And a very lovely post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure glad to have friends all over the place too. I appreciate the unique quality their experiences bring to my life. I have friends in the UK, London, Canada, all over the US as well as a friend in South America.

    You know you are rich when you are surrounded by good friends from all over.

    ReplyDelete