Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life catches you by surprise

Sometimes when you have the best intentions of doing one thing life catches you by surprise! For example I was looking forward to creating this wonderful blog marking our progress in learning organically, my creativeness and the joys that are my daily life. Then life happened! We went out of town for the 4th of July for vacation, came home and my husband left for training with the Marines. I took the kids camping we had grand adventures and I came home fully prepared to blog fantastic pictures and detailed stories, most of which escape my mind now. While my oldest was away at the end of July visiting her grandparents she got seriously ill. They took her to the ER where the first Dr diagnosed her with an appendicitis. The second Dr wanted to run un-necessary tests and she refused only to have them send her home, less then 6 weeks later she was in the ICU with life threatening infections. She came home yesterday but it was certainly the most scary thing I have ever dealt with in my life. After this I expect daily life will seem rather dull and uneventful. I will take it!

My goals over the next few days in between taking care of my little girl is to get caught up on my blogging. I have tons of pictures to update the garden and its bounty! We are flushed with fresh veggies and some fruits. I hope to gain followers as this blog progresses and encourage those who are in this life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment