Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reflections

Today marks the 10 year anniversary of one singular event that took place in the United States. It is hard to imagine for some what life was like before that day. The following years brought us changes to this nation that, in my opinion, limit our freedoms and should raise questions as to truth and justice.

When we throw stones into a lake the water ripples out farther and farther. We have got to question the actions we have taken thus far in the 10 years since a tragedy occurred here on American Soil. What are our ripples? what legacy do we leave to our children?  How are we going to be remembered after having this awful blow dealt to us?

Today I remember but do not dwell. Today I honor but do not focus solely on that day 10 years ago, instead I focus on today, and on the future today's. In what little way I can I choose not to allow the negative to impact my everyday. I choose to celebrate and live, laugh and love.

In honor of life I am having a fall celebration with my neighbors. We will gather and have a beautiful day filled with fall foods.

I want to encourage you all to not focus on the negative impact of the few, that is how terror wins. Instead focus on the life you have the love that is in it and the ripples made by that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment