Friday, November 5, 2010

Trying to find balance

In my life I try really hard to have a balance in all the things I do. Since starting school that has been really difficult for me to achieve. I want to do well in school. I have never gone to college before and honestly I hated school when I was a kid. That was one of my many deciding factors in my drive to homeschool my kids. It feels like I do not have enough time to do the things I want to do, let alone all the things I need to do. I am only taking 2 courses online at the college. The online factor has been great. I love that I can either watch classes on the tv or online after the class has been on. I however have a major project that I am supposed to do in one of those classes and I have not even come close to finishing it. I have to interview someone for this and I have not been able to find anyone to interview. Of course this is mostly do to the fact that I am home so much and none of the people I know fall into the category that I need for the interviewee. I find that at the times that I am trying to work with the kids for their school I am thinking about all the things I still have to do for mine. Or when I should be relaxing I am worrying that I am not teaching the kids enough and their schooling is so important. I do not feel like I have enough time in the day and a lot of things are falling by the wayside. The laundry is piling up, the floors need a good cleaning, the dogs all need baths (again!) and well I am certain that my kids are missing far to much of me.

How do you balance homeschooling, going to college, taking care of a house & family, and play time? I have not found this balance yet. Something may have to give.... I just don't know what!

3 comments:

  1. I did college for just over two years and never found the balance. If I did well in my college courses, the kids and house suffered. If I tended my family well, my grades suffered. I decided to invest my time where it is needed and stick with home for now.

    I am actually just over the 1/2 way point with my B.A. I may go back to school at some point, but I doubt it will be any time soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh Becky! I am afraid that school is going to have to wait. I just don't know how to do it all and keep up my #1 job which is, has always been, and will be until they are no longer under my roof my children. I am relieved to know that I am in fact intelligent enough to be doing so well in college but I do not think I will have the ability to continue with school even part time. I only took 2 courses because I thought it would not be to demanding on me but really it is kind of overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As moms, especially homeschooling ones, we will probably never feel like there is a balance. And I'm not even taking college courses! Whenever I get ahead in planning school work or getting a particular in depth subject done with the kids, something gets left out - dinner, dishes, laundry. When I take the time to catch up on chores, I feel like I didn't spend enough time with the kids! And when I get everything done, I don't get enough sleep. I think we are all in the same boat:)

    ReplyDelete